In order to perform your verification, you need to enable your camera on your device. This will allow you to complete your selfie video and upload the required photo of your ID documentation.
Passbase supports completing verifications with the web SDK in Safari, Google Chrome, or Firefox browsers, and enabling your camera on your device can be done in a few easy steps.
If you are using a Safari for Desktop, please follow the steps below. This is also available on Apple's support documentation here: Change Website preferences in Safari on Mac
- Open Safari
- Click Safari in the Menu Bar
- Click Preferences
- Click Websites
- Select Allow in the bottom right dropdown menu
If you are using an iPhone or iPad, please follow the steps below. Please Note: The verification flow is only supported on iOS version >14.5.1.
- Open Settings
- Click Safari
- Scroll down to the "Settings for Websites" section, and click Camera.
- Under "Camera access on all websites," click Ask.
If you are using Google Chrome, please follow the steps below. This is also available on Google's support documentation here: User your camera and microphone
- Open Chrome
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- Click Privacy and security or scroll to the Privacy and security section
- Click Site Settings
- Turn Ask before accessing on or off
- Ensure https://verify.passbase.com is not listed as a blocked website
If you are using Firefox, here's how you may access the browser permissions: How to manage your camera and microphone permissions with Firefox
If you have your settings set to "Always ask", you should see the following dialogue box when you start recording in Acclaim, which will allow you to edit settings: