When a user completes a verification, their verification will appear in your Passbase Dashboard to either accept or decline based on the provided information including total confidence score, watchlist check results, and images of submitted identity documents / selfie video. Based on how you configure your project settings, verifications will either be automatically reviewed or require manually review.
When a user completes a verification, you can use the Identity Auditor to view the verification information and choose to either accept or reject the verification. Depending on how you would like to review verifications, you can automate your reviews or manually approve them. When you automate reviews, all verifications with a total confidence score that meet the approval threshold will automatically be approved and all verifications with a total confidence score that fall below the approval threshold will automatically be rejected. For verifications that land in manual review, you are required to review each verification when they complete processing and land in the Unreviewed section of the Dashboard.
Manually Review a Verification
Go to the Passbase Dashboard, and login with the email address and password used to activate your account
In the bottom left corner, click Settings
- Click Check for the verification you wish to review
- The Identity Auditor will appear for selected verification
- You should evaluate the risk level and review all verification checks and datapoints. These scores represent our confidence that the individual was physically present and possesses an authentic identity document. You can learn more about Facematch, Liveness, ID Authenticity, and total scores in the linked articles.
- Based on these scores, you can choose to Accept or Decline the individual by clicking the buttons on the top of the page.
- Once you have accepted or declined an individual, their status is updated in the Passbase Dashboard and system. This triggers the VERIFICATION_REVIEWED webhook event, which you can use to update the end user account information in your system. For more information on how to use webhooks please refer to our documentation.
We normally advise rejecting any individual with an overall score lower than 75%. However, you may choose to accept or reject based on your own preferences.